#1 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

The Old But Not Dead guild will form ingame on at least one server.

Would continue the OBOD guild from Horizons but I like OBND better (OBOD = Order of Bards, Ovates, & Druids of which I'm a member in RL. Bard-Class).

See ya's in-game.

Just Me,
Tim
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#2 rhive

rhive

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:16 AM

I would love to join this guild.

The OBOD part is just a bonus!, I have loved your RP posts on the forum

#3 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:53 AM

As soon as they come out with a server list we'll have to hook up on one everyone likes.

You and anyone of like mind are welcome :thumbsup:

Hope to see you in game.

Just Us,
Tim & Trisha
Characters on Servers: Human- Lazarus Cadfael Gandalf & Redcomyn. Kujix - Roland Loki Shadowspawn & Knightlife. Fun is the name of the Game.

#4 aleonia

aleonia

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

Just Us,
Tim & Trisha

I just noticed you went from:
Just me,
Tim

to

Just Us,
Tim & Trisha

That gave me a good giggle! What kind of server would you guys want to roll on?
Aldarne Balmordae - Talrok Ranger on Adrios
Jalnarae & Rendarnai Balmordae - Talrok Magus & Soldier on Adrios

#5 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:57 AM

We won't really be tied down to a RP server although we do enjoy our time on them but a totally non-PvP server if they set one up would definitely be a nice change.

So anything with PVE that sometimes turns to PvP for the Gods, (as from what I read <Tim> is the way the content might go), will do nicely. (Has to have a cool name <Tim> chirps in.)

Just Us (thinking about the future)
Tim & Trisha
:tongue:

#6 aleonia

aleonia

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 10:25 AM

Yea, I hate pvp servers...though if I'd never played on one in EQ, I never would have met Glarnak :wub:...so I guess they have their advantages.:yes:

But I don't want to ever roll on one again. I suck at pvp, so they cause me WAY too much stress. :wallbash: <--this is me pvp'ing, along with a lot of really un-ladylike words...

#7 rhive

rhive

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:35 PM

I also hate pvp usually, although I did meet my lovely boyfriend during crossroads pvp in WoW (dont ask..long story involving a night elf druid ganking a tauren shaman).

Oooh, one important question, do you know what side you guys will be on?

#8 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 17 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

Trisha tends to play more towards the Dark-side. In WoW playing more of the Horde then Alliance. So I'm sure that might occur here too. She's made one of each so far in the Testing.

I'm usually playing the other path so most of mine will be Asharr with at least one Kujis.

If we set up a Guild for Kujis side it'll probably be called Old And Undead as it was in WoW :teehee:

Just Us,
Trisha and Tim

#9 aleonia

aleonia

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:16 PM

Good, cause although the Asharr don't bother me, my husband will never roll one. It will be Kujix for us.

#10 rhive

rhive

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Kujixx was going to be my race of choice too.

I think old but not dead is quite appropriate given the average age of players I have spoken to :wink:

#11 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:01 PM

I may go with the Kujix also as I really don't see a division of races like there was in WoW or other games. I mean the two races basically are Bi-peds. And not really characters of the legends of old or fantasy types, ie Dragons and Dryads as in Horizons. They just have a different view of the world they both walk upon.

So if most people that are interested in the Guild want to play Kujix then that's the way we'll go. It's about having fun.

Just Us,
Tim & Trisha

#12 Navalli

Navalli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 04:47 AM

I swear that name from Horizons sounds familiar but I can't quite recall - was it early days Horizons?

I may keep an eye out for you lot, especially if rp is involved

#13 eveque67

eveque67

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationWeatherford, OK

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:04 AM

Does the name f the guild signify an age differential to the younger crowd or is that just in the name?

You know.. the ole' "Must be 21 to Drink" type of thing.
Sooo.. Hows that whole "Hope & Change" thing working for you?

#14 Radium

Radium

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:29 AM

Old But Not Dead has been around in many games. It is actually a quite large community.

Not heard much noise from them whether they are still planning on playing Alganon or not though. This thread is very old with no life in it from their members.

#15 Navalli

Navalli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:39 AM

Hm? Date says the last post was only a few weeks ago, so surely not THAT old. I'll keep the faith - even though point is moot as I'm not able to pre-order yet in any event.

#16 Hakiem

Hakiem

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts
  • LocationSanctuary

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:20 AM

Hey ... We're Old ...... Not Dead.

The guild doesn't really denote that a person has to be a certain physical age. It's more a mind set then an actual age.

OBND has been in many games - all the way back to The Realm Beta in 1995. We are a small guild mostly made up of Family and Friends. I think Radium might be thinking of the Old Timers Guild which is huge and I'd personally never join, but that's just me.

So if your Old (not in a physical sense but you know the feeling)
And Not Dead ( if you're playing the game I think you might be alive, no zombies allowed, except on the Kujix side of the world)
Then you might find what you're looking for in the OBND.

Just Us,
Tim & Trisha

P.S. Early days Horizons is correct .. all the way from Beta. We still play Istaria Chronicles of the Gifted what Horizons eventually became. Got to build that Guild House.

#17 Radium

Radium

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:58 PM

My apologies Hakiem. For some reason (lack of caffeine) I was thinking this was an Old Timers Guild thread. You have been extremely active here.

Again my bad :confused:

#18 Faust

Faust

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:27 PM

hmmm...I belong to this guild already.

"The Old Timers Guild"

You tryin to bite my moves?

:P
Grimm - Guild Leader and Founder of "The Lazy Mools"
Grimm Faust - Soldier - Asharr <> Yog Sothoth - Ranger - Kujix

#19 Faust

Faust

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 06:29 PM

btw...why wouldn't you join? We think a lot the same as you. We are huge because "Good gamers never get old, we just get together".

:D
Grimm - Guild Leader and Founder of "The Lazy Mools"
Grimm Faust - Soldier - Asharr <> Yog Sothoth - Ranger - Kujix

#20 Jonrobin

Jonrobin

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationKingsport, Tn

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

btw...why wouldn't you join? We think a lot the same as you. We are huge because "Good gamers never get old, we just get together".

:D

/agrees

You would fit right in with us. We're not grumpy or incontinent at all (well, most of the time)
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away, and you'll have their shoes ! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users