#1 kriegen

kriegen

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

Hello,
I was playing a couple MMO's this summer till I beta tested Fallen Earth and planned on purchasing the game. That was until I came across this Game. Alganon really looks like something I am more interested in. I filled out an app for beta, and in the end of Aug low and behold there was a beta key in my email!!! Alas, I received a notice that my key wasn't activated yet...
Yet, that word gives me hope. I am extremely hopeful it will be activated any day now. I have resigned myself not to pay for FE or AION with the mindset of playing Alganon. However, I am still learning how to deal with the twitching and shaking of not having an MMO icon on my desktop at the moment. Its getting cold and dark in front of my comp now. I guess I'll have to order a snuggie and refresh my email...I hope my sanity can hold out. (Is that too much?)

#2 firstknight

firstknight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:47 PM

Remedy for this would probably be single player games until you can get into Alganon <grin> I'm in the same situation, I have the "teaser" beta key that was sent to me by accident, tucked away safely in my e-mail.

I'm currently playing Half Life 2, Guild Wars (not really a single player game but fun PvE story), Drakensang, Dreamfall, and Dragonica (okay also not single player but very entertaining), a little Bioshock for good measure, and then Real Life ™ while waiting for Alganon. Well technically Real Life ™ seems to be crowding out everything else but that is as it should be <grin>

Hang in there. I'm sure they'll get around to open beta when they're good and ready.

Good Journeys,
First Knight a.k.a. Aelianis

Edited by firstknight, 07 September 2009 - 02:50 PM.

#3 Phenoca

Phenoca

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

You cannot go wrong with Flyff and Perfect World, so I'll recommend those now.
Atlantica has a nice combat-system... How can you not have an MMO-icon on your desktop?

Of course - you have probably noticed that your time was spent more productively since quitting MMOs.

#4 Zerragon

Zerragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:33 PM

Dont waste your time on Perfect world. Youll suddenly realize what a massive waste of time it is, and you wish you spent your precious time somewhere else (from personal experience).

Im gonna get myself Dragon Age: Origins, and hopefully itll give me the good old Baldurs Gate feeling and it should keep me occupied until Alganon :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users