#1 Zheng

Zheng

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:59 AM

Crusade is obviously, as has been evident by the postings here and the interviews given to date, a game heavily trafficked in religion. I can appreciate and honestly am looking very forward to this aspect. I am curious where the godless heathen or even the anti-religious stand in this world? Will we be able to choose to be without a patron diety? Will they become tired of our existance if we fight agianst their control and have us expelled from their realm?

An unchosen religion is just an opportunity for others to convert you I would guess, but choosing to actively work against a god or all of them could perhaps prove to be an interesting roleplaying experience along with a chance to interact with the DM-controlled dieties in a negative fashion (negative in-character but perhaps positive OOC). I propose this style becaus I typically like to be different and might choose this path or not, but I was curious if the idea had been entertained by the DEVs?

#2 Requnix

Requnix

Prophet

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:57 AM

Actually

#3 Zheng

Zheng

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:37 PM

When typing out my OP, I neglected to look through PC-goggles. I didn't mean, in any way to insinuate that the game itself had anything to do with religion or that the gameplay encouraged or inspired religion. religion being different than Crusade's gods leading their followers into battle and waring for the continents. It is not belief, it is a way of setting up virtual storylines and pretend conflict. A good way.

Forgive my mix up Requnix. We certainly don't need Crusade getting negative connotations attached to it because of a semantic mixup. Sorry.

My original point stands however, will aligning with one of the gods in the game be so much a part of the game that someone that choses not to or even to work against them, if possible, would be able to get along okay? Not "gimp" themselves?

#4 Requnix

Requnix

Prophet

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:15 PM

Not a problem - we just want to differenciate religion from games and deities within games.

We are undecided if we will allow players to not be a patron to a specific deity; we may have it so they start out without any patronage, but then decide as they play the game. Depends on how Alpha goes.

#5 Retina

Retina

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSan Rafael, CA

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:43 PM

Now that sounds interesting. So, in a way, you could "quest" to gain favor with a particular deity. You could also choose to not follow any of them.

I don't think it's a matter of belief or faith (in that sense), because with Crusade, the deities are fact and undeniable. Heck, one of them just stomped on my house. I definitely believe in that one, but I don't follow it.

#6 Zheng

Zheng

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 16 July 2006 - 11:25 PM

I don't think it's a matter of belief or faith (in that sense), because with Crusade, the deities are fact and undeniable. Heck, one of them just stomped on my house. I definitely believe in that one, but I don't follow it.

Ah, Retina, always coming up with the best ideas and quotes for me to steal from. This situation is what I was talking about working against them. Though there are other dieties are war with the ones you may not like and thus joining with them would be in your interests there are some that just don't like to go that route. Some that see all waring dieties as bad or undesirable to serve / work with. Perhaps a war took place a few dynasties ago that ravaged the ancestral grounds of your family, killing all living members but you, and flattening your ancestors gravestones and creating a "Batman" situation of sorts against the dieties of Crusade. One man organizing a non-diety-driven front against the dieties.

Just an idea.

#7 S0ulb0und

S0ulb0und

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:29 AM

wouldn't that cause problems when it comes to gaining powers pertaining to the god you chose to follow? it could work but there would have to be rewards for fighting against the gods wouldn't there?

Zheng if so look foward to me following up that idea cause if it works i think that sounds pretty fun

#8 Tsukikage

Tsukikage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:54 AM

How about something similar to many of the Eastern religions in RL? ~Everyone has inner potential to have godlike powers, but are not necessarily a God.~ This could be a slight boost or extra ability, much like what the Gods give in their lands.

Or there could be the Mother Nature approach. ~You draw upon the land and gain powers from Earth itself.~ In this case it would be from the land in the Alganon Realm. The powers or abilities given could be dependent on the fertility on the land that you are currently standing in. Your powers/abilities are strengthened in more lush lands and are less in barren lands.

There are many possibilities that can be implemented. I would like to see something put in place, if at all possible, for those that wish to not conform to worshipping any deities.
- Tsukikage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users