• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Token

Token

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

Hmm i just found out while adding a blog post to MyAlganon, there is a limited number of characters available. And the expanded section does not display anything. I guess I'm one of those ppl who has much to say when he takes the time to say anything at all.

Greetings to the people at Quest Online, may your business venture run long and profitable.

I am one of the older gamers in the online community. So many other games I have at least tried for a few months. Still have all my old accounts here and there, never tried to sell off a game account.

Someone asked me to look at Alganon, and I must say i feel very skeptical.
Not much has been promised for a game release, two races and two classes; more to come with future expansions. Expansions that the player will probably be asked to pay for no less. The business model of the retail client with subscription fees is by no means atypical, this is how SOE and Bizzard do business and successfully. Hop on board for the ride, you'll want to be here on day one this product goes live, cause there are perks for long term subscribers.

#2 Therian

Therian

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:05 PM

I'm not too worried about release details, I've seen many games give a release date only to have ti pushed back over and over. I'd rather have an honest estimate than see the date pushed again and again.

last I read the plan for xpacs is every 6 months for the first 2 years, and I didnt read anything about charges so that still needs to be addressed.

I've liked most of what I've read and am willing to give QOL the benefit of any doubts I may have, which are few.

#3 iamurmom

iamurmom

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Locationmy own basement

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:27 PM

two races and four classes

Fixed

and welcome to our little coven

#4 jdsmith

jdsmith

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:13 AM

Hmm i just found out while adding a blog post to MyAlganon, there is a limited number of characters available. And the expanded section does not display anything. I guess I'm one of those ppl who has much to say when he takes the time to say anything at all.

Greetings to the people at Quest Online, may your business venture run long and profitable.

I am one of the older gamers in the online community. So many other games I have at least tried for a few months. Still have all my old accounts here and there, never tried to sell off a game account.

Someone asked me to look at Alganon, and I must say i feel very skeptical.
Not much has been promised for a game release, two races and two classes; more to come with future expansions. Expansions that the player will probably be asked to pay for no less. The business model of the retail client with subscription fees is by no means atypical, this is how SOE and Bizzard do business and successfully. Hop on board for the ride, you'll want to be here on day one this product goes live, cause there are perks for long term subscribers.

Only the top box has a limit; it's displayed as the summary. Extended content gets put in the extended body portion when editing your blog... that shows up if someone actually clicks your blog post to read it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users