#1 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationWI,United States

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:36 AM

Ok, up until a few days ago the forums never had a problem with this, but now I look and ever day there are more advertisemen ts, spam, and other things that just came here. I think it might be because beta is soon and the advertisers know more people will see their posts. Either way, it's getting to be a serious problem and could harm the community. I really don't know how to stop other than having more moderators, but even then some posts might go unnoticed.

#2 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:14 AM

-Good point friend. Make sure you PM Samaxe, Velkyn and Syndic each time you spot a bad post or problem area. That'll ensure a speedy response if they aren't already working on it.

Thanks for the concern, they should give us all mod status!

Jergis, who is in no way shape or form interested in mod status

#3 Beta

Beta

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:34 AM

I too have noticed, and sent in reports!

This past week has been overwhelmed by illegal content and spamming from both types of entries thus being a "guest_guests" or a "character name". I believe the developers can implement a code to stop the "guest_guests" much easier by not allowing them to post and only to view threads. This will help eliminate a percentage of false quotes given by these dodo birds that have no life! As for as the character names that make illegal entry threads of spam all they have to do is ban that ip address.

I have noticed illegal animations of pictures showing the private area of females as well but no one has done anything about it. Even-though, I have made a thread about it and so I have decided not to get involved with reporting any such nudity materials on the MyAlganon Picture site. Since they were approved I guess anyone can place any type of nudity, animation or not in the pictures section and become "Popular Member".

P.S.
If this situation is not looked into and taken care of this very nice forum layout will become a breeding ground of illegal content and such!

#4 iamurmom

iamurmom

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Locationmy own basement

Posted 03 July 2009 - 08:48 AM

I was just going to make this post. I think getting rid of spammers ASAFP is the best way of fighting them.

However, spamming the GMs probably is counter-productive and I was going to suggest that when you see a spam post - reply: reported as spam, and hit report button. That way, GMs don't have to wade through 29387 reports of the same post.

Official thoughts on this would be appreciated as I don't want to be too presumptious of how they'd prefer this done.

#5 Beta

Beta

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

Well! right now there is tons of spam pouring in, and over the weekend expect tons more due to the 4th of July.

P.S.
If I only had a "red button" to click on that would eliminate the dodo birds!

:bomb_ie:

#6 Hamarhand

Hamarhand

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:10 AM

Both the spam and the pictures need to be taken care of. This kind of thing is going to get Alganon on various block lists (both software and ISP) which seems like it would hurt the game's growth. I really want to see Alganon succeed wildly, and the current inflow of junk can't be helping. No one likes dealing with more spam.

#7 QOL-Samaxe

QOL-Samaxe

Former Community Manager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:21 AM

I will be looking at the forum config to make some changes that have helped cut down on the spam on other forums I've run. Stay tuned...

#8 Beta

Beta

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 03 July 2009 - 11:23 AM

I will be looking at the forum config to make some changes that have helped cut down on the spam on other forums I've run. Stay tuned...

:woot: :bunny: :banana: :miner: :thanks: :thumbsup: :yes:

#9 QOL-Samaxe

QOL-Samaxe

Former Community Manager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:25 PM

I've turned on CAPTCHA (anti-bot test) for registration and tweaked a few other settings. Still tweaking but hopefully this will help.

#10 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationWI,United States

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:26 PM

We can only hope so! Anyway, anything you can do to stop the spam will be appreciated by all of us!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users