#1 llucid

llucid

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationYuma Arizona

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:34 AM

It is a rare occasion when I make it to 100 posts on any forums, in my first guild in EQ2 it took 2 years and my 100th post was telling my guild members goodbye as i quit the game for a few months, I don't think I have hit 100 posts on any other forum until now.

You guys are just fun to chat with, and the topics just keep coming that I find myself wanting to post in. while we may not always be in agreement on everything, to me it seems there have been several discussions that could end up bad with people arguing and calling each other names. Those discussions have ended in people trying to see each others side of things and find a compromise.

Through the different Developer blogs and chats that are out there I have seen something that I very rarely have seen in any other game I have played. There appears to be a passion for the game to not only become a success but for the community as a whole to enjoy what is brought to the game as well.

As the game gets closer to launch i know the discussions are going to get more and more "heated", and at some point it will go from debating to arguing. Honestly I can't wait for that time because that will mean the MEME crowd has arrived and the game has launched.

Until then here's to many more debated topics and another 100 posts on my part and any member that wants to get involved.

#2 Beta

Beta

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:52 AM

Before you ask, a meme is defined as "any idea or behavior that can pass from one person to another by learning or imitation."

Congratz on 100th but wait till you reach 5,000 to celebrate!

Posted Image

#3 greymain

greymain

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationSurrey UK

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:15 AM

As the game gets closer to launch i know the discussions are going to get more and more "heated", and at some point it will go from debating to arguing. Honestly I can't wait for that time because that will mean the MEME crowd has arrived and the game has launched.

Shudder.. Launch time, how fast can adulation can change to indignation!! Almost every game I have played I have been in Beta and in most cases been among the first into the game at launch. Each time the forum was jammed with "OMG" excited players. But inevitably every launch experienced some problems like a server got overloaded. access queues forms as hundreds attempted to login at the same time. By the time I log in the following day the trolls will as if by magic suddenly appeared. The next week is just so important because the reputation the game gets at this time will hang over it forever. Launch too soon and you will be fighting for survival.

I humbly suggest you close down this forum on launch day. Limit yourselves to announcements, launching a new forum a week or two after launch. Your Support team will be aware of the situation in the game but the trolls will not have a platform.

#4 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationWI,United States

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

The most posts I've reached is over 2,000. Congratualtions on 100, it 'squality not quantity and I've seen you're posts are not just one or two word responses simply to raise post count, but rather you have contributed much to the forums. It bothers me that people like you have been posting for months now, and when Samaxe announces beta keys, so many people rush and they have next to no posts. It is people that have been loyal to Alganon and don't need anything in return that deserve beta entry. Keep on posting, we'll get into beta some day soon!

#5 Valish

Valish

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:38 AM

It is a rare occasion when I make it to 100 posts on any forums, in my first guild in EQ2 it took 2 years and my 100th post was telling my guild members goodbye as i quit the game for a few months, I don't think I have hit 100 posts on any other forum until now.

You guys are just fun to chat with, and the topics just keep coming that I find myself wanting to post in. while we may not always be in agreement on everything, to me it seems there have been several discussions that could end up bad with people arguing and calling each other names. Those discussions have ended in people trying to see each others side of things and find a compromise.

Through the different Developer blogs and chats that are out there I have seen something that I very rarely have seen in any other game I have played. There appears to be a passion for the game to not only become a success but for the community as a whole to enjoy what is brought to the game as well.

Until then here's to many more debated topics and another 100 posts on my part and any member that wants to get involved.

Congrats on 100 posts :thumbsup: . Also very well said in your post.

I used to post alot on forums then I stopped since it started to feel I was debating with kids most of the time and it turned into flaming and insults in the end which didnt interest me at all. I havent been here long but have posted daily and joined in on a debate or two, which really is very rare for me these days. Yes I have expected it collapsing into childish reactions but it hasn't. The debates have shown maturity and intelligence. A pleasure to take part in. Also you are right about the feelings for this game. It really does feel that no matter how a debate goes everyone is bound together in their feelings for this game. No matter who I have debated with I look forward to seeing them all ingame.

Once again congrats on the 100 and hope to read more of your posts :biggrin:

Valish

#6 QOL-Samaxe

QOL-Samaxe

Former Community Manager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:43 AM

Congrats! :)

#7 Valish

Valish

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:48 AM

Congrats! :)

See I need to learn to get straight to the point like this but my fingers talk to much :blink:

Valish

#8 Therian

Therian

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

It is a rare occasion when I make it to 100 posts on any forums

When I played EQ, I never posted...or even involved myself with anything outside the game.
I started playing WoW an month after it released and I think I've posted twice, although I did get to the point of reading the forums an hour a day or more.

Alganon is different than any other forums anywhere that I have read, game related or related to other topics... The people are friendly, helpful, and truly concerned and involved. Yes, we get upset at times but mostly our 'better nature' shows and we stay nice. I'm guilty of sounding harsh at times, although I never mean it that way. I love all the debates and discussions and feel like I can actually contirbute, which I have never felt on other forums.

I guess that's the reason I cant seem to stay away from the forums here, and the reason I feel comfortable in posting my opinions without fear of insults and flame wars.

Congrats to you Llucid, for your posts and for being one of those that makes it worthwhile to take part in the discussions here.

And thank you to all the others who take part and encourage the high level of friendly respectful debate that goes on in these forums.

#9 iamurmom

iamurmom

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Locationmy own basement

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:55 PM

Gratz on 100.

I, too, made it to 100 posts this week. Ironically, it was on the "your signature" thread and I've never before bothered making a signature for a game. And a game that I'm not even playing yet.

But this is a really good forum. Hope it doesn't go downhill at release.

#10 Grymmoire

Grymmoire

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

I know I already expressed my congratulatios, but let me reinterate it and if I missed any member's 100th; 200th post, I now extend my belated congrats and state Huzzah, good going.

The quality of dialog here has been fantastic, so pre-kudos to one and all.
"You're simply jealous, since the voices speak only to me."

#11 Fervent

Fervent

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

Graz! Remember, voice loss is to a singer as arthritis is to a forumaholic!

#12 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:18 AM

Grats on the 100 posts, and many more 100's to come :)
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users