#1 Beta

Beta

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:15 AM

I just visited the wiki site, and noticed there is a lot of content which can be "utilized" and definitely needs support from the community as well!

Alganon Wiki

P.S.
I hope this thread allows the posting of the Alganon wiki Site!

#2 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationWI,United States

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

Yes, I found this myself. I was going to make a wiki myself if there wasn't one, but alas, there is. Yes, I think we should definitely give them our support.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:20 AM

A wiki is not needed because there will be the Library. That was the whole purpose of the Library in the first place so you don't need to go all the other sites on the internet.

#4 Beta

Beta

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:25 AM

A wiki is not needed because there will be the Library. That was the whole purpose of the Library in the first place so you don't need to go all the other sites on the internet.

True' enough! Will the "Library" have the "detailed information" that a "wiki site" has which eventually enhances, and so forth (or) just the basic information such as "Items" and such!

#5 Grymmoire

Grymmoire

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:02 PM

<Grymmoire rues the day players began posting all a game's info on such sites...repositories for the impatient; short-cut takers and the gaming challenged. Too reminiscent of people who cut in line; honk horns the instant lights change; yell at the microwave when popcorn takes more than 2:30 minutes to pop; stare at their watches and tap their foot awaiting their Keurig to brew coffee and their Eggo to toast in that 1:30 minutes span; shave, put on make-up and use cell phones while driving.>

<Grumbles and mutters under his breath, what are the youth of today coming to?...hell, when we were kids, we had to walk 10 miles to school in snow drifts four feet high, uphill both ways at 7:00 am, had no fancy-smancy cars; personal media players; portable gaming devices; cell phones; twitter; facebook; etc. etc had to read and do our own exploration and face our own gaming challenges without help....grumbles...bah humbug, kids today get it too easy ...blah, blah, blah...>

<Twaddles off incoherently muttering that life would be so much simpler if people could just raise their fingers to the sky, absorb enough energy in 5-10 seconds to last them the day, then sit in a comfy gaming chair designed over a toilet, with a sink, fridge and microwave within reach.>

Notice: no wiki or other game site was harmed during the making of this post; which itself is not to be taken as serious!!! :wink:
"You're simply jealous, since the voices speak only to me."

#6 Nestran

Nestran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

[quote name='Grymmoire' post='14816' date='Jun 29 2009, 03:47 PM']<Grymmoire rues the day players began posting all a game's info on such sites...repositories for the impatient; short-cut takers and the gaming challenged. Too reminiscent of people who cut in line; honk horns the instant lights change; yell at the microwave when popcorn takes more than 2:30 minutes to pop; stare at their watches and tap their foot awaiting their Keurig to brew coffee and their Eggo to toast in that 1:30 minutes span; shave, put on make-up and use cell phones while driving.>

<Grumbles and mutters under his breath, what are the youth of today coming to?...hell, when we were kids, we had to walk 10 miles to school in snow drifts four feet high, uphill both ways at 7:00 am, had no fancy-smancy cars; personal media players; portable gaming devices; cell phones; twitter; facebook; etc. etc had to read and do our own exploration and face our own gaming challenges without help....grumbles...bah humbug, kids today get it too easy ...blah, blah, blah...>

Thank you World of Nowcraft.

This is why I like Vanguard so much, just try and get help on the interwebz lol. If I spend an hour trying to figure out what it was I was supposed to be doing, your dang right it feels way better than going to a gimme now site and looking it all up.

Nestran

#7 Grymmoire

Grymmoire

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:20 PM

This is why I like Vanguard so much, just try and get help on the interwebz lol. If I spend an hour trying to figure out what it was I was supposed to be doing, your dang right it feels way better than going to a gimme now site and looking it all up.

Nestran

Ah Vanguard. I did so love my Necromancer and Shaman there, only wish that the developers had not waffeled around so much deciding how to implement game mechanisms.

Once the main player base left, the world was so empty. And since even the lower quests required groups to complete, well, that is what happens if the beginning areas are not addressed for lower populations when a game loses players or ages.

Btw, I did mean my previous post as jest, however, grains of truth are always there eh!?

Oh, and Nestran a hearty greetings and welcome to the Alganon community. Hope you like it here.
"You're simply jealous, since the voices speak only to me."

#8 llucid

llucid

Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationYuma Arizona

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:27 PM

<Grymmoire rues the day players began posting all a game's info on such sites...repositories for the impatient; short-cut takers and the gaming challenged. Too reminiscent of people who cut in line; honk horns the instant lights change; yell at the microwave when popcorn takes more than 2:30 minutes to pop; stare at their watches and tap their foot awaiting their Keurig to brew coffee and their Eggo to toast in that 1:30 minutes span; shave, put on make-up and use cell phones while driving.>

<Twaddles off incoherently muttering that life would be so much simpler if people could just raise their fingers to the sky, absorb enough energy in 5-10 seconds to last them the day, then sit in a comfy gaming chair designed over a toilet, with a sink, fridge and microwave within reach.>

Notice: no wiki or other game site was harmed during the making of this post; which itself is not to be taken as serious!!! :wink:

While it may have been meant in Jest, it's a sad truth that alot of people have taken the easy way out, myself included. In WoW I downloaded a quest helper, it's also a tool my 9 and 10 year old can't do without. However in one of the latest patches new content was added, of course the quest helper had nto been updated yet. I found my way around all the quests but had a couple of guildies who actually refused to do the content until the quest helper was updated, so they didn't have to search. To each their own I guess.

#9 Therian

Therian

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

While it may have been meant in Jest, it's a sad truth that alot of people have taken the easy way out, myself included. In WoW I downloaded a quest helper, it's also a tool my 9 and 10 year old can't do without. However in one of the latest patches new content was added, of course the quest helper had nto been updated yet. I found my way around all the quests but had a couple of guildies who actually refused to do the content until the quest helper was updated, so they didn't have to search. To each their own I guess.

I went out of my way to make sure my collected data got uploaded frequently to mobmap (the helper I use). It was like I was the explorer laying the path for those coming after me.

#10 iamurmom

iamurmom

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Locationmy own basement

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

Ummm. Why are they advertising 10-day free trial for WoW on the main page???

#11 Beta

Beta

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

After finding this Alganon Wiki site, I thought it was created by QOL. Since the game has not been released yet, and no one other than those developers and such can add content to it in the mean time. After all, I do not use wiki' sites for cheats and such! I actually help others in-game by uploading what I had experienced during my game play.

You see it is easier for me to help many others by telling them things on a wiki site with information, than to try to sit in game and explain hour after hour, how to do something or where something was located. Actually a wiki was a great training tool for guilds and factions due to limited time by individuals.

Now, I dug a little deeper into reading what the "Alganon Library" has to offer and had seen that it is very much informative. I do not have to spend hours and days explaining on a wiki site anymore, thanks to the library system implented into the Alganon main site. Looks like I will get to really enjoy my game for many blue moons to come.

:starwars:

P.S.
Click here for Alganon Library Story

#12 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:37 PM

I started the Wiki site in the hopes it would provide guides and information that the library may not cover. Sure it wont need to cover things like quest details or where a particular mob is. I see the library though as a data centre, it has information straight out of the game but what I see it lacking is information on the "how" to do something. The library will be a good information source but I don't think it will be complete in what information can help a player. Maybe grouping together all the quests that affect a faction for better or worse. Or something that summarises how mounts work; speed, price, & training etc. Certainly the library contains alot of useful information but I could see room for the players perspective on how to put it all together.

Ummm. Why are they advertising 10-day free trial for WoW on the main page???

The wiki is a part of the wikia network. They are in charge of the advertising, since the service is free I guess they need to make money somehow. I think that wikia is a great community support group and host such sites as wowwiki.com and eq2.wikia.com . They make running a wiki an easy prospect for anyone who has an interest they like to share with others (not just on gaming either).

Anyway I'm just annoyed lately that I have been so busy I've barely had time to read the forums let alone update the information on the wiki and expand on it. Special thanks to Berek who has jumped in and done alot of work on it recently. So if anyone has anything there to add or elaborate on, go for it, that's the premise wiki's are built on.

Thanks to Beta for bringing this to peoples attention :).
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

#13 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:16 AM

I wouldn't say the wiki at Wikia.com is useless, as it can still provide a powerful community driven information gathering source. The wiki is up for you to design and fill! The Library will do the rest :).

#14 Nestran

Nestran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:29 PM

Ah Vanguard. I did so love my Necromancer and Shaman there, only wish that the developers had not waffeled around so much deciding how to implement game mechanisms.

Once the main player base left, the world was so empty. And since even the lower quests required groups to complete, well, that is what happens if the beginning areas are not addressed for lower populations when a game loses players or ages.

Btw, I did mean my previous post as jest, however, grains of truth are always there eh!?

Oh, and Nestran a hearty greetings and welcome to the Alganon community. Hope you like it here.

Thank you for the welcome, so far the community seems to have it's head on straight. :)
The Vanguard population is actually up, it's not like being in IronForge but there is no lack of chatter and grouping.

I just really hope this one has really good game play, I am ruined for all other existing MMOs graphically thanks to VG so game play will need to pick up the slack.

Already strike one on the housing issue, I like to feel like I am living in the world and housing has a lot to do with that. there was a comment about "Out adventuring and not hanging curtains", I don't agree that housing is a problem for a MMO. Fingers crossed, I am very happy where I am but like any good junkie, I'm always checking out the next dealer on the block.

#15 Therian

Therian

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:44 PM

Thank you for the welcome

yes welcome! I think you'll find the members here are helpful, respectful of diverse opinions, and always looking for a good debate.

Already strike one on the housing issue, I like to feel like I am living in the world and housing has a lot to do with that. there was a comment about "Out adventuring and not hanging curtains", I don't agree that housing is a problem for a MMO.

many of us are hopeful that housing will be revisited.

Fingers crossed, I am very happy where I am but like any good junkie, I'm always checking out the next dealer on the block.

after playing wow since shortly after it was released, I'm ready to try something else and Alganon looks like a winner.

#16 zazazaza

zazazaza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:14 AM

OK I haave tried the libary and the wiki sites and have read the study forum..but I can't seem to get the concept of study. All it does if flash on the bottom of the screen, says Im not studing, duh, I dunno how to start the studies. Does it happen when u reach a certain level? (which I tend to think happens) Just an anoyying reminder that I want to make sure I'm not missing a step somewhere, any help is apprecaited of course.

#17 Klazgon

Klazgon

CSGM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:53 AM

OK I haave tried the libary and the wiki sites and have read the study forum..but I can't seem to get the concept of study. All it does if flash on the bottom of the screen, says Im not studing, duh, I dunno how to start the studies. Does it happen when u reach a certain level? (which I tend to think happens) Just an anoyying reminder that I want to make sure I'm not missing a step somewhere, any help is apprecaited of course.

Studies actually need to be added to the queue before you start learning any. You can add studies to your queue as early as level 1. You start with 3 main studies Combat Techniques, Magic & the Elements, and General Studies.

To open up the studies interface ( "i" on the keyboard by default) or click on the icon that looks like a book with glasses. Once that window is open you will see the available studies on the left. You can add them by either double clicking on the study of your choice or right click and select "add to queue". Studies will progress while online AND offline, you just need to make sure that your queue always has something in it.

More studies are unlocked after completing any of the starting three and more can be purchased in your major city after completing various study prerequisites.

Just remember that only one character per server on the account can be actively studying at one time.

Hopefully this at least gives you an idea of how to get started. Feel free to post here in this thread with anymore questions or send me a private message.

#18 zazazaza

zazazaza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

TYTYTYTYTYTY I thought I had tried to dbl click on them, but evedently not it works and again TY *knockin on head for such a logical step*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users