#1 Berek

Berek

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

The latest Alganon article from RPG Vault walks you through the vast continent of Ardonya, where those who play an Asharr character will begin their journey. From its dense forests and sandy shores, to its stinky bogs and partially buried ancient cities, Ardonya is one of the largest and most diverse areas your character will quickly call home. Visit RPG Vault to learn more about this unique place in Alganon!

http://www.alganon.c...s-detail/id/217

#2 Bluejinn

Bluejinn

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

I really like the article about the game. Every time i read somethings new about Alganon it makes me excited and depressed at the same time. I'm like cool new stuff about the game but as soon as i am done with it i am like "I NEED MORE!!!". Then i have to go back to going crazy waiting for my chance to play.

#3 Suthainn

Suthainn

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

The first thing I noticed was Asheroth faction has now been renamed to Asharr. Even though one's a faction and the other is a world, I think this is a great move considering all of the Azeroth comparisons that's been floating around for quite some time now.

Would it be correct to say the "cleansing of the three crystals of power" are somewhat like public quests?

#4 Syndic

Syndic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1886 posts
  • LocationPerth, WAustralia

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:44 PM

I noticed this also in the article. I think it was a wise move and something better done now than later down the track. Good move.
Adrios - Syndic (Soldier), Kadden (Mage); Hokk - Thrawn (Ranger); Toskala - Nelina (Healer)
Family - Mitthrawnurodo (Talrok)

#5 Grymmoire

Grymmoire

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

I like this part: "What was once dense swampland has been ravaged, first by the force of impact from the crystal "assault craft", then by the wrath of the animated that were traveling inside. To make things worse, the attack opened up a strange rift from deep inside the core of Alganon. An unnatural energy is flowing forth from this, corrupting everything it comes across."

It could provide the basis for what I posted in mid April, as an idea for a future, third faction, being the planet itself, in this thread: Evil vs Evil, Why Play Nice?
"You're simply jealous, since the voices speak only to me."

#6 Razurescens

Razurescens

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:24 AM

Great article and lots of good screenshots! Looking forward to explore The Murk and The Snog.

(i just noticed there should be 3 crystals of power but i counted 4 on the map, it is of course possible that one of them isn't a crystal of power or maybe it is already captured by the players)

#7 OneEyeRed

OneEyeRed

Patron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:48 AM

Nice article and good see more news coming about for the game. I don't post much it's obvious as life has been hectic the last few years, however; my member number should tell how long I have been around and excited for this game. I am very happy to see all the progress being made. I have followed David for several years and the ideas and visions he has for game design and development are incredible. I am very happy that he finally has a good hold of this vision because the last game (we won't talk about it) was ruined when he was removed from it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users