Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationWI,United States

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

Current status: May 26- Finished 3.1, began 3.2

Hello, everyone! Here is my attempt at writing a quest. Please note these ideas are all original. Hopefully, you'll all read (and enjoy :) ) this quest. I'll try and split it into several parts, but I hopefully will finish it soon. You may post comments now, and I'd really like some feedback.

Words:

Och-pronounced ok, like in hawk

Part 1 What happened?

The Icewind Plains and Shatterhand areas have been frozen for what seems like an eternity. However, it is not simply the polar forces that have caused the frozen precipitation to accumulate there. Had something more sinister occured to cause this? Are the Smoldering Spires simply remnants of this devastation?

Begin the quest in Ixonya, the ice town in the north of Harraja. You will have to seek out a treasure hunter named Zellyion Adaphar. You will need a certain level in lore studies to do this quest.

Zellyion: Hello there! You wouldn't mind helping me a bit, would you? You see all this ice and snow? Well, I've done some research and I can tell this isn't natural. There are mountains of flame due east of here! Anyway, I need some samples of rocks from Icewind Plains and the Smoldering Spires so I can begin comparisons. I hope you don't mind.

You: Sure, but what's in it for me?

Zellyion: You'll certainly gain some experience in lore, and there might be some surprises along the way. Here's the deal: Any treasure you get to first is yours. Sound fair?

You: I'll be right back with those samples.

You will then have to visit the loactions and find the required stone samples. You will find them spawned randomly, but each sample will only spawn once. In the Icewind Plains, besides scattered samples, you will have to reach the islands at the north. You will need a wooden planks, which can be bought in-town for not too much money. There are 5 samples to collect.

The Smoldering Spires will be a little harder. You will have to climb each of the mountains to get the first four samples. There is a large cave opening on the east which leads to a vast cavern. Most of it will be blocked off but you'll be able to get your sample. Return to Zellyion.

Zellyion: Welcome back (your name)! I see you have all the samples. I'll need a few minutes to examine these. In the meantime, could you go investigate the Shatterhand? I have reason to beleive there are similar samples there. I'll need one COMPLETE sample in order for this to work right. I'll be done studying these by the time you get back.

You must then teleport to Tundar. There will be an archaeologist you will want to talk to.

Steyffen: You're new in town.

You: I'm looking for some stone samples. I've been helping collect samples for research. We think something may have caused the ice around the northern part to accumulate.

Steyffen: Well, go north to Icetark. There's a large fissure running up there. I'm sure you could find at least one good sample.

You'll need to head up to the fissure. You'll see light reflecting from the bottom, and you'll have to choose to climb down. Certain skills will improve your chance of making it down safely. In the bottom, you'll notice the chamber floor is covered by crystal-clear ice. You'll see a perfect sample in the room, which you can take without a fight. Return to Zellyion.

Zellyion: Welcome back! I see you've recovered a piece of the stone. It seems that all of these stones indeed share common similarities, but they appear very different. Here, take this.

You receive a pyrocyrite piece.

This will help you, I'm sure. This is all I needed from you for now. Come back in a bit and I'm sure I'll have something else for you.

You gain some lore experience. You gain some mining experience. You gain some money. You gain a pyrocyrite piece.

End of Part 1

#2 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:11 PM

Part 2 Secrets of the Past

This part of the quest will take place far from the icy north. You'll have to head to the capital city. Near the library, you'll find a Wisened Magus.

Magus: Hello, young adventurer! What is it you seek? In terms of knowledge, I can provide you with much aid.

You show him the pyrocyrite shard.

Magus: Ah! This stone appears to be quite ancient. It appears as if it has a strange force pulling at it. Go into the library. There will be a book you will want to read. It is called The Legend of Och.

Head into the library. The book will be easily findable on a table. Pick it up and read.

"The Legend of Och"

Chapter 1

The Ochions were a prosperous ancient civilization credited in their ability in magic and technology. They were said to be some of the first Talrok to inhabit the world we know. The Ochions did not like to fight, but the other civilizations were bent on expansion and cruelty. The Ochions, much ahead of their time, used their abilities in unique ways, such as the...

It seems the rest of the pages have been torn out.

Return to the Magus and tell him the news.

Magus: Interesting. It appears some pages are missing. They weren't stolen. No, the other pages must have been hidden to prevent certain information from getting out. I'll see how I can help you without going beyond the city leaders, but until then I have a task for you. I realized that stone you carry will help us. It is an ochion artifact, and has a connection with their culture that transcends time itself. However, you'll need to find a crimsonite string to hold it in order for it to function correctly. Crimsonite is a material that was used widely in Ochion culture and is still found today. I don't know where you'd find it, though. Too bad you don't know someone with a skill for finding treasure.

What? Yeah, that's right. You know Zellyion. It's time to go pay him a visit again.

Zellyion: Crimsonite? Yeah, I've heard of it. I heard the natives of Shendar found something like that a bit ago. you should go see them. Anyway, nice seeing you again. Research isn't going too great right now. If you happen to finish what you're doing, you could always help me.

You must teleport to Shendar. Speak with the city elder.

You: I am looking for a stone called crimsonite. I heard you had one.

Elder: Yes, we found one a while ago. Numerous adventures have wanted it, so we gave them a task. All have failed.

You: Let me take the test.

Elder: Surely you will fail as well. We hate to see lives lost in vain. If you know what's good for you, you'll turn away.

You: I'm willing to take the test.

Elder: Fine, if you insist. There is a dangerous sand hydra lurking outside of the city, making it hard to travel to Hadrak. You'll have to defeat it to help us out. Be warned - it is deadly. Come back with proof of its defeat, and you'll get your stone.

You'll find the hydra on the way to Hadrak. It is a large three-headed dragonlike beast covered in sand. You will be able to use a team to fight it, but it will only spawn if you are currently in this quest. You will not be able to help kill the hydra for others if you have already killed it before, or if you are not in the quest. After killing it, each fighter will receive a hydra head.

Return to Shendar.

You: I defeated the hydra. Here is your proof.

You display the head.

Elder: A deal is a deal, I guess.

You trade the head for the crimsonite.

You are welcome back any time. You are a friend of Shendar.

Return to the Magus in the capital.

Magus: You have the crimsonite? Good. Take these schmatics. Also, I happened to find a page to the book you were reading. Take it, you'll be able to make more use of it than I.

You aquire Och amulet schematics. You aquire a Book of Och page.

Read the page.

...the creation of their city, Ochio. It is said the city was hidden deep in the earth, where it would be hard to find. The city is said to be findable using a dowsing technique with a special amulet. The city is rumored to be guarded by traps and puzzles, and that only the Ochions and their descendants could traverse such puzzles. However, all of the Ochions and descendants have passed on. It is beleived that this fact led to the....

Go some place where you can craft and use the schematics. You'll be able to create the Och amulet. Then, wear it and examine it. It will lead you north, so head to Ixonya. Go outside the city and the amulet will lead you to the top of the Crowel Spire, the tower that leads to Ochio.

You gain some lore experience. You gain some blacksmithing experience. You should see Zellyion before exploring the tower.

#3 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:58 PM

Part 3 Secrets of the Deep

First, you should go see Zellyion about that task he mentioned earlier.

Zellyion: Hello, again. I see you've taken me up on that offer for help. I haven't found any info on those rocks other than what I told you before. However, I believe there is much more still undiscovered.

You explain all about the tower in a long conversation I won't bore you with.

Zellyion: The ancient civilization of Och? So, I was right all along. But how does it all fit together? What happened to them to cause them to be destroyed and why was the north of Harraja devastated?

You: I have some ideas. I found a book which explains the historical accounts of Och. It's missing some pages, though.

Zellyion: You can go get some more information, then. We will need to know everything before we proceed much further. I'll get a group of people and we'll clear off the top of that tower.

You: I guess I'll see that magus in the capital and see if he's made any progress.

Teleport to the capital and you'll see the Magus.

Magus: Thank goodness you're here! I asked the council if they had any more information regarding the book, and they became quite defensive. They said that it was beyond my jurisdiction and that further action would result in punishment. They didn't act that way before when they gave me the other page, though. I saw some priests there, and I think that this whole Och situation is starting to attract lots of un-needed attention. Religious conflict, military action, governments hiding things, treasure hunters running wild...Either way, you've made enemies with the city council for the time being. Until things cool down, you'll have to manage getting the pages on your own. However, things WON'T cool down without having this whole issue resolved. If you're stealthy, you could probably sneek in and steal the page. There are tons of guards and priests, though, so getting caught is almost certain death.

You: I'll have to risk it. We need to expose the truth at all costs so that things will return to normal. So, how do I sneek in?

Magus: Here's a slight invisibility enchantment. It'll help you for 5 minutes, so you'll have to be quick. If you get caught, you'll probably only have to face one-on-one fights. Go quickly.

You'll now be tasked with getting through the archives. You only have 5 minutes to do so, and even if you are careful you may still encounter some fights. If caught, the door will lock and you will have to fight all the enemies in the vicinity to continue.

Make your way to the end and you'll find a desk with the page inside. Take it, and you'll be just in time to watch your invisibility dissapear as several priests close in around you. You'll be locked in a struggle against five powerful Talrok priests, and you're almost certain to lose. Technically, I guess you could win if you're strong enough and get some items, but otherwise you just have to fight until you're near death. The Magus saw you take the page and rains powerful spells on your opponents while teleporting you to safety.

Magus: That was close! You'll have to be very careful now. I'm afraid I can't help you any further.

You: You've helped enough so far. I'll do what I can for all of us. I won't let you down.

End of 3.1

#4 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

Hello, everyone! Feel free to post your comments and questions. I'll try and finish this quest line soon. It will probably not get longer than five parts, and I might finish in the fourth installment. I don't have any of this typed up beforehand, and lots of the information I add as I go along. The story is an idea I had a few weeks ago, and now I'm formatting it to the Alganon world and making it fit into the locations.

#5 Jergis

Jergis

Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:53 PM

-I have nothing to add that would be of assistance as i am no writer myself. I enjoy reading your efforts and look forward to reading more from you.

Thank you for posting this.

Jergis

#6 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

Thanks, I'll keep on writing. :thumbsup:

#7 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

3.2 Secrets of the Deep continued...

I'll have this up soon! Check out the rest of 3.1 I added recently. I'll be putting current news at the top, since I usually update in a current post.

#8 Farrownarr

Farrownarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWakefield, England

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:41 PM

I really like it, it gives a Baldurs Gate feel for some reason :o Thats how a true quest should be! good work man :)

#9 Diageous

Diageous

Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

Thank you so much! It turns out that I haven't finished this as soon as I had originally planned, but I'll wrap it up sometime this following week, as school gets out on Thursday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users